Saturday, March 10, 2012
Inspired Decisions
I was amazed by the wisdom I gained as we discussed the Apostolic discussion method. How inspiring. As we talked about it I got so excited for the day when I can use that way of coming to a decision with my husband, a way without compromise, where each party is pleased with the outcome, and a stronger bond is formed between you two because of it. I always thought that compromise would have to be a part of every disagreement. That someone would have to be giving up something for there to be peace and order in the home. I am so grateful that that does not always have to be the case. Yes, of course, not all decisions can be made without compromise, but I can barely believe that there is a way that is better than that. Yet, I guess there still is a sense of compromise and sacrifice in this method of decision-making. We are giving up and sacrificing our own will for the Lords. However, that is never truly a sacrifice in relation to the blessings and happiness and peace of mind we obtain if we do offer our own desires up to the Lord in exchange for doing what we would of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment