Sunday, February 26, 2012

Marriage, families, and my complete lack of preparation.

These last few weeks have helped me to realize how unprepared I am to be a mother. It discourages me how ill prepared I feel to know what to teach and instruct my children. I know that most future parents feel this way, but it hurts to imagine my children suffering because I don't know what to do with them. I am not even dating anyone and this upsets me, that's a little crazy to me. I didn't grow up in a highly Mormon populated area, and so it wasn't ingrained in me to constantly think about marriage and families as i have seen it in those who live around many with our same beliefs. Yet, coming to this school where families are promoted more than i have ever experienced I find myself thinking about those things so much more often. It is amazing how a society effects you even when you do not realize it. This realization has also caused me to speculate on the kind of environment I want to raise my family in. It's a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment