Thursday, March 29, 2012

3/7/12 Discuss to Concensus

I wholeheartedly agree that the counsel method is "the Genius of God's government". There is no compromise or sacrifice necessary in this way, for both come to a conclusion that fits the Lord's way. If we can devote ourselves to His will, if we can form our own desires around His, then we can achieve true happiness, for that IS his will. We must seek inspiration as we discuss and decide. Let your mutual love of Christ unify you. do not try to convince or manipulate. This method is a discover for truth and right path between you. To counsel and achieve consensus is to discuss, never debate. It is miraculous when we invite the spirit into such conversations. Yet, we have to be willing to listen and change with the presence of that spirit. Our tendency is to revert on what is familiar rather than what is inspired. Beware of this! We can overcome this by setting a routine to discuss and apply this wonderful method and keeping that schedule constant. Just as it is needed to read and study the scriptures and pray each day rather than only when there is something to discuss with the Lord, or a crisis to overcome. Before these discussions, it is important to express love and gratitude. I really love this idea. It is so dearly important that we let our partners know they are loved and appreciated often, especially if they are the type of person that needs that vocal affirmation to understand they are loved. this action sets a mood of acceptance of opinion, and love that will fight through disagreement. Differences can strengthen a couple, especially when those differences are accepted as part of the wonderful being you have committed yourself to. I also love the idea of having these possible difficult conversations over a meal. It adds that extra bond in sharing a meal together to better unify and comfort each party. I cannot express eloquently enough how much I adore this method of discussion and decision making. I always thought that compromise was the best way to come to decisions with a mostly positive outlook. I know now that synergy is far better, that it creates such a  beautiful relationship between husband and wife, and leads them on the path that makes them "one".

No comments:

Post a Comment